October 21, 2010

Ottawa; Now I'm happy!

Today is definitely my turning point on Ottawa. It has taken me about a week of complete misery and moping around, but I think I've finally reached the top of the mountain and can now start enjoying the ride down. Now, to be fair, I didn't have a whole lot of time this week to enjoy creative time in my studio which kind of added to the misery, because in the back of my mind 'Ottawa' kept nagging at me.
Last night I had to go to a gallery show opening with a friend of mine and when it was time to leave I was so miserable that i just wanted to crawl into bed with a book and not go out at all. But since I was to meet up with this friend of mine I kicked myself in the behind and went anyway. And I am so glad I did because it was a great show (Obsolete idols by Jono Dotion @ Ctrl Lab) and I met up with some great people which pulled me out of my funk pretty quickly. And then, when it was time to go home, I realized that I would have the next two days to completely focus on my art which lifted my spirits even more. So this morning I was in a great mood when I got up because I knew I was going to find the top of that Ottawa mountain today!
I started up the computer, changed the size of my starting picture and reached the top of the mountain! and now it's time to enjoy the rest of the ride! Ottawa here I come!

No comments:

Post a Comment