May 19, 2011

Great fun and fortune






Yesterday I held my artist presentation at the Beaconsfield Artists Association, I was a bit nervous at first but there was a great crowd of artists and I felt welcome and at home right away. My work consists of a lot of different stages which helped me to structure my presentation so that everyone could follow along easily. I think it was very successful, the artists seemed to enjoy it and were very involved, asking questions during as well as after the presentation. I had a great time sharing my experiences in creating my artwork. It was very nice to have an audience of artists because they seem to understand the way I think, something that isn’t always the case with other people. I would like to take this opportunity to thank the Beaconsfield Artists Association for inviting me, I had a great time!

I was very fortunate as well to be part of last nights meeting because there was somebody there form the Le Nichoir Wildcard event. Le Nichoir is a wild bird rehabilitation center. They will be holding a fund raiser on November 19th where they will be selling artworks which will be donated by the artists. I thought this was such a great cause that I immediately decided to participate in this years fundraiser, so that will be something I will be working on in the next couple of months as well. 

Tomorrow I will be dropping two of my works off at the Mile End gallery for ‘Imaginary Cities’ a group show that will run from May 25th to June 5th so if you are interested in seeing some of my work in real life, come to the vernissage on may 25th from 6-9pm or visit the gallery between may 25 and june 5th. I will be at the gallery myself at selected day during the second week of the show, I wil announce the dates on facebook as soon as I have more information so if you haven’t yet done this, please become a fan!


No comments:

Post a Comment