August 22, 2011

Vernissage tonight, artwork demo tomorrow!

Tonight, Friday August 19th, is the vernissage for my show at the Viva Vida art gallery in Pointe Claire. The timing is perfect because the village of Pointe Claire is celebrating it’s 100 year anniversary this weekend and there will be all kinds of activities tonight and over the weekend so we hope to get some extra traffic from that. On top of that the weather is going to be gorgeous so that should get people out and about as well. 

I’m really excited for this one! I was at the gallery yesterday to help hang the show and I really like the idea’s Nedia, the gallery owner, has for the whole atmosphere and feel of the show, it’s going to be funky! 

I hope it will be exciting for the audience as well. I finished two pieces I was working on lately and they will both be in the show, I haven’t even had the time to put them on the website so the people coming out tonight will really have the first look :)

Some people have been asking me if there would be any work of my ‘Montreal Boroughs Project’ represented at the show. Unfortunately this project is still very much in development so there just isn’t that much to show yet. I will however be working on the first piece of the series at the Viva Vida art gallery in Pointe Claire on Saturday August 20th from 1-4pm. Conveniently this first piece is on Pointe Claire so that nicely fits the theme of the festivities. This will be the first official sneak peek of the Borough Project! The piece is at the stage where the photographs can be transferred to the panel so if you stop by you can see how that is done and get an idea what the piece is going to look like. If things go smoothly I might even have time to start painting! 

I hope to meet you all tonight, Friday August 19th, from 7-10pm at the vernissage or tomorrow, Saturday August 20th from 1-4pm! If you can’t come out on such short notice the show will run until September 1st. The Viva Vida Art Gallery is located on 278-2 Lakeshore Road in Pointe-Claire.

No comments:

Post a Comment