January 04, 2012

Happy New Year!

First of all I’d like to wish you a very happy New Year! I hope your holidays were filled with joy and 2012 will be the best year ever!


For me 2012 has started out as a very productive year, which it is supposed to be with all the projects I’ve got going on right now! I’m actively working on 4 separate pieces right now and I’ve got another piece in the finishing stages in my studio.


I’ve got loads of plans for the new year! I need to work really hard to get somewhere with my boroughs project so that will be the next batch of pieces I’ll be working on. I’ll also have to start preparations for the workshop I’ll be teaching at Viva Vida Art Gallery later this January. In March I’ll give an artist presentation in Hudson for which I’ll have to do some prep work as well. 


I hope to be able to start work on the third piece of the Journey project soon as well and ideally I’ll be able to create some experimental collage pieces on the side. I still haven;t had time to experiment with the direct transfer technique I learned from Melanie Matthews last year. 


I have plans for a solo later this year and hope to be able to do a couple of group shows as well. I’m also going to start looking for a gallery in Toronto this year. 


So 2012 is shaping up to be a productive and creative year for me, let’s hope I can keep up ;-))

No comments:

Post a Comment