February 06, 2012

On the move...

Turns out I’ll be moving soon. Now don’t panic, I’m not leaving Montreal, we’re just moving to another house, different borough, same island :). In December our landlords notified us that they were ending our lease which meant we had to look for a new place. Instead of panicking about the huge amount of stuff we need to move we decided to look at this as an opportunity to find someplace awesome to live, which we did.


Things went a lot faster then we had initially planned for, but when the perfect place comes along you don’t say no :). The house we found is new and has a big unfinished basement for me to work in. The unfinished part is a huge bonus because it means I don’t have to worry about getting paint on the floors or walls. Yes, I do that sometimes, I’m a messy artist :). Our new landlord is even going to install an awesome laundry tub sink in the basement so I have a place to wash my brushes :), I am going to be so spoiled!


The moving part is going to be a challenge. I have a large metal cabinet for drawings and a very heavy drawing table that are no fun to move and we have a huge amount of stuff in general. The good thing is that we have plenty of time, we have about 6 weeks to move all our stuff which means we can take it easy.


Yeah, March is going to be an interesting month, a lot of things were already on the agenda (see my previous Blog post) and now with the move I’ll have to make sure I do some early preparations. It’s a good thing I’ve been extra productive the past couple of weeks because painting while moving usually doesn’t really work.

No comments:

Post a Comment