February 14, 2012

Valentine fun

Happy Valentines Day to all my trusty readers!


My Valentines day is being spent doing some necessary shopping for our move, looking at truck rental prices, doing the administration and hopefully start work on my prep for next weeks class. Tonight we’ll have a ‘very romantic’ quick bite to eat at the mall while shopping for a new internet/tv provider and then we’ll drive to the new house to drop off some boxes and clean some floors :D It’s all very romantic ;-)) 


As I predicted the move is being a big distraction when it comes to painting. I did manage to squeeze in a new composition last week but I didn’t really get to paint. I do have one painting that’s ready for it’s final layer of paint so I’m going to plan at least one day in the studio this week so I can finish that one.


The class I teaching at Viva Vida Art Gallery is going really well. Next week we’re going to start transferring our gel pieces to our panels so that is going to be an exciting class. It does require some preparation from my side since I’ll need to bring along several gel skins as examples as well as doing some paper removal on the spot. So I’ll need to find some time to do that as well. The good thing is that I use actual pieces as demonstration material so it’s work I need to do anyway, it just requires some thought as to which pieces I need to bring and which stage they need to be in. I’m really enjoying teaching this class though, it’s a great group and it is a good way to analyze your own process and find room for improvement. 


We’ve actually decided to do a second series of classes in the spring. I’m also going to do a demonstration on applying resin. If you would like some more information about the course or the demonstration you can contact Viva Vida Art Gallery at 514 694 1110.

No comments:

Post a Comment