March 19, 2012

Back in Business!



I feel like it’s been ages since my last post. After two weeks of moving madness I’m finally back in business and ready to go! My new studio space is ready to go, my computers have been connected to the interwebs and my office space is in some sort of working order. Over all the move has gone very smoothly, we had tons of help and after just one week most of the boxes have been unpacked and there are only two rooms that still need work, the rest of the house is as good as done! About time too because I am more then ready to get back to work! I can’t wait to start working in my new studio, it’s awesome! I have so much space, my very own sink and twice as much table space then I used to have. We’ve solved the lighting issue with some well places daylight lamps but I was actually surprised by the amount of natural light I do get. I placed my easel to catch as much of it as possible and my beautiful new easel lamp makes up for the rest. 





I’ll spend this morning getting back up to speed on the things I’d been working on before the move. I had several pieces in different stages of development and there are a couple of finished pieces that still need to be photographed. I also have to start preparing for my artist demonstration this Wednesday at the Artistes Hudson Artists Association, the pieces I’ll be working on are already in the proper stages of the process so I’ll just have to fine tune everything. I’ll also have to start thinking about the resin demo I’ll be giving at Viva Vida Art Gallery on March 26th. Working with resin always requires some upfront planning, especially if I have to do it on location. On march 31st at 7pm and April 14th at 3pm the artists of the ‘Art and Architecture’ exhibit at Fleurbain will be talking about their work, the talks will be followed by a group discussion. 


There is still time to come and see the two group shows I’m involved in this month. ‘Women in Art’ will be up at the Ward-Nasse Gallery until March 31st. the show is open to the public Tuesdays to Saturdays from 11:00 am to 6:00 pm and Sundays from 1:00 pm to 6:00 pm at 178 Prince Street NY-NY. ‘Art and Architecture’, can be seen at Fleurbain until April 14th. The show is open to the public Tuesdays to Saturdays from 3-6 pm or by appointment at 460 St Catherine Street West, Unit 917, Montreal, QC.

No comments:

Post a Comment