March 10, 2014

Two awesome articles and a new Vlog...



Two awesome articles about my work came out this past week, on Wednesday Les Nouvelles Saint-Laurent News posted a lovely interview about ‘Discoveries: Montreal’ and the ‘Saint-Laurent’ piece that is part of the series. On Friday the West Island Chronicle posted an interview about my experiences exhibiting at the Louvre in Paris in 2011. It’s not easy to get media coverage as an artist so I am very grateful to François Lemieux, the journalist who made this all happen. I also have to thank my fellow artist and friend Louis-Bernard St-Jean who introduced the journalist to my work. Louis-Bernard is an amazing artist who creates these beautiful abstract oil pieces that depict the dynamic movement of nature’s elements and of contemporary urban architecture, you should definitely check out his work!

And if you’re spending some time online this morning you can also check out the newest episode of ‘Creative Ramblings’ which is out now! In this episode I talk about how I am approaching abstract art.

Last week I finished another one of my new abstract pieces and I ordered a whole bunch of new textured mediums to prepare for a large 24”x48” abstract piece that I have planned. I also started about 6 new compositions last week so there’s plenty of work awaiting me in the studio, which is the best way to start a new week in my opinion! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment